Monday, April 30, 2012

4/30/12

I have been able to accomplish the 12-mile route a total of 5 times... WOW!!! Yesterday, was my second fastest time... 2hr 41mins.... My fastest time is 2hrs 35mins... So I am still staying the same timeline. We also took a drive and looked at the 10 mile race course in Stoughton. There is a couple of good hills at the beginning and then the rest is grades. We also looked at my 12-mile route and determined that what I am doing is MUCH harder. I have more steep hills and longer steeper grades... So I should be OK. It also is helpful to look and see what you have for a course. Then you can mentally prep better. I should do well with my time. Yesterday's run was hard (as always) but it is more doable. Depending how Syttendi goes, I would like to do another long run race, either a 10-mile or at least a 10-K. This will also help to keep me going with doing the long runs in my training. But I am really getting excited about the event. I have been working for so long to be able to do this! Next weekend, the only day I have to train is Saturday due to the Walk MS on Sunday. I would love to be able run on Sat morning before I have to go and work on set up in the afternoon. This also depends on weather. I have been able to run EVERY weekend so far. I would REALLY like to complete these last 2 runs before the race. After a big run - it takes me time (I mean hours) to get my energy back. I usually go sit, eat, and just be still for quite awhile. Then I can feel my energy level slowly coming back. But till that point, I am usually non-verbal and really just need to be 100% left to deal with myself. This is what it takes for me to regain that energy. This is all part of having to relearn my body. I do not physically process and recover the same as a "normal" person. But I have seemed to find what works for me. That is ALL that matters... MS is a moving target so what works for me now may not work at another time. I have to CONSTANTLY be listening and concentrating on what my body is telling me. So far during this training time, this approach has been serving me well. I have been able to maintain being "upright" and no major falls. This week between all my activities - I will just keep working... That is all I can do....

No comments:

Post a Comment