Monday, April 23, 2012

04/23/2012

Actually a GREAT weekend.... Saturday I ran 5 miles and after my best friend Diane came and we worked on designing and purchasing the materials for my next quilt. So that was a lot of fun. I decided NOT to do my big run on Saturday morning because I know that it really takes every ounce of energy I have. It also takes me quite a few hours to regain myself.... Actually Sunday morning was warmer and less wind. So it was the better day. Sunday I was able to make my 12 miles. You would think it would great easier but it does not. My time on it was not my best but not my worst. So I cannot complain. I am SHOCKED that I have been able to do my 12 EVERY weekend so far.... I have actually done the 12 mile route a total of 5 TIMES... WOW!!!! I can do this 3 more times before the race.... My best time so far has been... 2hrs 35mins on 4/7 & my worst is 2hrs 48min on 4/15.... I also know that on 4/15 the wind was HORRIBLE and very humid.... So that does not suprise me... My time really depends not just on how my body is reacting or not reacting at that particular time/day but also the environmental factors. So basically right now - it seems that I am varing by about 10 mins for 12 miles... That really is not that horrible. Now mind you, I am just running this. Yes, I time myself but it is not a race. It is with the soul purpose of training and trying to finish the task.... All I can do is keep working on it. I am feeling confident that with this training I will be able to do the 10-mile race and run it 100%. Through my training, I have learned to read MORE of my body cues. Since I have had to re-learn so MUCH of how to run. That has been invaluable... I have not fallen since I was in Maryland and not once on the 12-mile runs or even at run club. So that shows how I am listening to my body. We will see what next weekend has in store for me. I hope that I am able to continue and complete the last 3 trainings before the race. All I can do is try, try, try.... At a race, with other people you tend to go faster. So what will my time for the 10 mile be? We will find out. Right now, this is a TRUE and HUGE focus in my life... I have worked SO VERY HARD to get to this point. We are not talking a few months worth of work -- we are talking YEARS worth of work.... So that is why this is a big deal... I also probably take things a bit slower on my 12 mile - knowing that if I fall that I may have totally forfeited my chances for this race and even the rest of the session. So I do keep things like that in mind. It is not that I am taking it slow... I am going at my pace and I am pushing. Believe me --- I am very very very exhausted afterwards and it takes me HOURS to recover... Right now I am thinking I will probably be able to do the 10 mile in about 1 1/2 up to 2 hours.... Yesterday's run was hard on me. It really fatigued the stuffings out of me... So today, I decided it was going to be a recovery day... NO running, NO working out.... Just chilling physically.... Tomorrow - I will run in the morning then run club and John's class... So Tues will be a high energy day.... That is good.... So far, my fastest pace has been 11mins/mile and that is with run club. I have other people around that spurs me to go faster. This whole experience has been an adventure... What will happen????

No comments:

Post a Comment