Sunday, April 15, 2012

04/15/2012

I was not able to run yesterday. My MS had to much of a hold on me. My fatigue issues were HORRIBLE!!! They have not been good all week. So I totally did not run. It is too bad because yesterday was a MUCH better day than today. I did do the 12 mile route today - it almost killed me. There were some bad gust winds in excess of 30 mph. Of course, those would really hit when I am going UP the really steep hills or the endless long grades.... Then since it had stormed during the night the humidity level was really high. I was praying from Avy School Rd on that it would rain. But it never did!!!! I did get over to the bridges on Main St of Pecatonica (my last couple of miles) and I was miss-stepping really bad. I don't know if it was due to the fact the I was coming off a MS fatigue episode or due to the added energy to accomplish the hills with the wind and humidity. Either way - YES - I broke down and started WALKING.... It is the FIRST time that I have walked any part of that route. I walked all the way down Main Street then turned on 6th St - then I started running the rest to home (not that far). But looking at my time -- 2:48 compared to my best last week 2:35 (100% run). So I think, if I would have continued running it 100% and NOT walked - I would have beat that time!!! Even with the wind and humidity.... Next week, I am really shocked that so far I have been able to run EVERY weekend.... That is amazing.... I still have 4 weekends to go - 4 more 12 mile opportunities.... I have done a total of 4 - 12 milers!!!!! WOW!!!! It really does amaze me... I just go.... So basically I am half way with my training... Plus, the other side - I have lost more weight!!! Always a good thing... Less to have to try to move.... I have a total of 7lbs to my goal weight - I am that close.... All this running - really helps you drop the weight and also to tone.... Toning is the big thing. Plus, with all my cross training it helps me with my endurance and to get up and down those hills.... Believe me - my route is anything than flat -- it is a killer route... But I want a killer route for this training... Sytendia Mai's route is a killer... I know from doing the 17-milers. It is hills (lots of hills) and lots of grades... So I am prepared. Plus with doing the extra 2 miles - it helps with my endurance. So I am feeling confident that I will be OK - as long as the fatigue does not start biting at my butt.... The week of the race, I will take it easy. Very few runs - I will try to keep my energy level as high as possible....

No comments:

Post a Comment