Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4/3/2013

Today is my birthday. I have been blessed with many ecards and well wishers. I truly appreciate it!!!! So what EXCITING thing am I going to do for my BIG birthday celebration... You guessed --- go and run this evening then off to John's class so that he can finish me off... (Just kidding....) I did take a "vacation" from running this morning before work... Today - the sun is shining and I am so anxious to go out and play!!!! I have heard that some people really wonder if I have MS. You know I do have MS. I have worked my way from using a walker (at my worst) to today. Do I still have symptoms - YES!!!! That is the thing about MS - it is an invisable disease for the most part. Like RIGHT THIS minute - to look at me - you say "oh, she doesn't have MS - she is just fine". But you do not see the neurological issues that are going on right this minute. My feet feel like they are on fire and that my shoes are too small (length and width), I feel like there is a tight band on my left leg, another band around my midriff and squeezing me, seeing out of my left eye is a bit blurry, my hands and fingers are numb, controlling my bladder is sometimes difficult, speech is sometimes difficult - I can think of the words but cannot get them out, when I run my legs feel heavier and heavier like I have weights on them, also like I have some pebbles in my shoes. So you say - oh she is full of hooowieeee --- no in many ways MS is an invisable disease... You do not see the VARIOUS things that the nerves are doing inside my body. Even when I run - sometimes the nerves say - I don't want to do this anymore and then the muscle do not move - and down I go... That is just part of the fun that people with MS experience DAILY!!!! Through my blog I am trying to educate. This is a new experience for me, also. But I want to share my experience with others. Maybe they can also reap some benefits from changing nutrition and exercise. It DOES make a difference. I am not the only person going down this road.. There are others that are going to a whole foods, non-red meat, non-processed foods, ect.. type of nutrition... Changing your nutrition and incorporating exercise has to be a lifestyle.. It takes time. For me, it took about 5 years to get to this point... Not a week, not a month, not a year -- 5 LONG YEARS!!!!!!! And a hell of A LOT OF WORK!!!!! Oh is it worth it.... YES!!!!! I enjoy my mobility and the friends that I have made through my exercise programs.... So try it... Yes... one step at a time... For me in the beginning I could barely walk to the end of my block and that was WITH A WALKER.... You just have to perserver... and just do it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment