Thursday, April 19, 2012

04/19/2012

Kind of a slow and steady week so far... I did OK with my Tues night run with the Run Club then last night since it was so very nice outside I decided to go for a run. I did 4 miles - not the best time. But I did run it 100%. As soon I was was home - then it started raining. So I definitely went at the right time. I did not go running this morning. I was just to tired. So hopefully, if the weather is OK - tonight I will run with the Run Club group. I just looked at the forecast and it is supposed to be nice Sat and Sun so I can go and get my long 12-miler in. I have really been watching my diet this last couple of weeks. Trying to be very diligent. I would like to lose some more weight before the big race. Less that I have to run with and go up those hills.... But I am still being wise to my overall nutrition. Especially after run days - making sure that I have protein in my salad. This really seems to help. I had made some homemade "Bocco" burgers awhile back and froze the leftovers. It works out great - to take one out heat it up and toss it in my salad. They have a real high protein count. I have for lunch been having my protein powder mixed with water. This also is helping to increase that protein level. The protein not only fills you up - but when you do not eat much protein - this helps with the high exercise and the muscles. It also helps with the weight lost. Right now - I am very close to my goal weight that I wanted for race day. All I can do is continue working on it... Plus - there is just so much right now -- between the race and then all the aspects for the Walk MS. I have raised some money. I know that I could do more - but time has not been my friend. But I do keep working on that. I am past my goal amount but would like to enhance it by quite a bit more. Always things to work on.... I also have signed up my first 5k race. That is in Stockton during the July 4th weekend. It is a killer route. Stockton is EXTREMELY hilly with a lot of very steep grades. Then since it is 7/4 weekend it is always EXTREMELY hot!!! Last year - that was my last race I DID NOT run 100%. This year it will be different - I will run it 100%. So we will see what happens.... As always -- I keep trying to move forward -- always forward....

No comments:

Post a Comment