Monday, April 2, 2012

4/2/2012

Yesterday, lived through my second 12-mile run. Feeling good today - a bit tired but that is OK. I did get 3 1/2 miles in this morning on the treadmill before work. I am taking a "vacation" this afternoon - no running or workouts. I just plan to go home and work on my quilting project.. I did have my semi-annual visit with my family doc. They were so impressed with my bp and heart rate. My heart rate was 52 and I was NOT in a coma. They said that, this is the heart rate of an athlete. This is not typical for a post-metapausal woman with 2ndary progressive MS. I just said that, I have really been working on my running. This heart rate is also in conjuction with my nutrition. Everything makes a FULL circle. You cannot have pulse that low if you are downing candy, McDonald's, and other processed foods. You have to make a decision. What do you want? Do you want to continue inhaling garbage food that offers no nutritional substance but is heavy in fat and chemicals? Yes, it may taste good but it is horrible on your body. Why do you think we have childen with type 1 diabetes??? Let's think about it... Nutrition and exercise are KEY components to EVERYONE'S daily life... I have made the "turn around" and my health has made a "turn around". It is not something that happened in a instant - it took years.... But so very worth it!!!! I want(fact is I DEMAND from myself) to be active and viable. I want to be active with my children, family and friends. I don't want to be that person who sits on the sidelines while everyone else is having fun. Do you? I have some family members who seem to want that type of lifestyle. They continue to eat improper foods and exercise as little as possible... So you choose -- what do you want out of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment