Friday, April 27, 2012

4/27/2012

Well, we are counting down to the BIG RACE!!!! I only have three more weekends till the 19th. WOW!!!!! The other truly amazing thing is that I have run EVERY weekend. I thought for sure I would have a couple of weekends knocked out due to either my body not wanting to play or weather. I have been doing really well with my running this week. Last night at run club - I probably went my fartherest at night and ran it 100%. I did 5.5 miles in 57 mins. I don't think that was too bad!!!! So my time and pace is increasing. I still have to be SO VERY mindful of my stepping. I really work on making sure that I pick up my feet - no drop foot issues. Because when that happens - down I go. I am also very mindful of the downhills, curves, and change of terrain. Those are all the things that causes me to fall. I am also started registering for my summer races. I have registered for the Pecatonica 5k during Memorial Day weekend and the Stockton 5k during the 4th weekend. I am really waiting to see how I do with the Syttendi Mai 10-mile. I think I would like to have one either 10-mile or 10K during the summer. Going furher than the 10 or 12 miles - I don't know. I am so "toasted" after my 12 mile run. I feel towards the end that my whole insides are about to slide right out of me... I know, it is weird. At this point, I will just stick here at this mileage. So if I say - I am going to do another 10 mile or 10K race - it will keep me training on my big 12 mile run. It is good to continue this. I don't want to stop and lose what I have been able to achieve. Whether I can go farther - I don't know... But then again, I NEVER IMAGINED IN MY WILDEST DREAMS that I would be to the point I am today... VERY VERY VERY SERIOUSLY!!!! It really shows what determination and perservance can do for a person!!!! God did give us these skills - we just have to use them. I am still amazed all the excuses I hear from people of why they could NEVER run like this... Then I tell them where I am at with my MS -- they are dumbfounded. I have the following sayings on my ID bracelet for a reason --- "Just Do It! & MS Warrior & MSers Rock".... For me, those are very appropriate... I don't want to stop. The mind is VERY VERY powerful! I learned that and saw that first hand with my Grandmother. When she was in the final stages of her cancer and dying. My brother was in Vietman at the time (in combat). The doctors called and said it was time for him to come home. They did not expect her to make it past the night let alone to see "her baby" home and in one piece. But she did!!! Plus, I think to make sure, she waited about a week after he was home to finally die. It was really incredible!!! She was a very strong woman and I loved her (and still do) with my WHOLE heart. I miss her daily! I think even with the MS what she would have done. I know that she would have fought with every ounce of her being and researched what the best and newst aspects to the disease. I have continued that path, with her in my thoughts and along side of me. I know that she is with me on every step I take and will always be with me. So how coming from that type of backround can I ever just allow the MS to over take me... Well, it will not be an easy job for the MS with me -- that is for sure. Believe me there is MANY times, that I am running and the damn drop foot starts in or the feeling like I have cement legs or the feeling like I have sharp rocks in my shoes or the super tight banding around my feet, legs and waist.... But then - I literally will shout and start cussing out the MS... (At these times, I am running in the middle of nowhere - otherwise someone would probably have me committed....) But it is way for me to let out my aggression to the MS. Believe me, MS does not desire nice language. But sometimes - you have to vent out those true feelings. If you harbor them inside - it will start eating on you and guess what -- MS has scored a victory!!! I DON'T THINK SO!!!!! So away I go.... I am excited about Syttendi Mai this year. I have also planned what I am going to do after the race. The whole day is going to be centered on EATING... After the race, over to Fosdahl's for lefse and coffee.... Then at lunch time -- over the like Whole Foods store for vegan bratwaurst and across the street for corn on the cob..... OHHHHHH --- YUMMMYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For dinner maybe another course of vegan bratwaust and corn.... OH -- what a way to go..... maybe lefse for dessert.... But that is my plan... I will do the other activities (have to work off the food so I can get more)!!!!!! I am hoping that the Whole Foods like store carries my FAVORITE -- tofutti "ice cream"... especially chocolate... Then I would be in TRUE heaven... Well, enough of food.... Time to focus towards my final 12 milers....

No comments:

Post a Comment