Thursday, March 8, 2012

3/8/2012

Believe it or not...  I am over 90.95 miles since I started tracking on 2/6/2012.  WOW!!  That is basically one month - I (the person with MS and OVER 50 years old) has logged over 90 miles...  (I am currently in a challenge to get 1000 in one year.  So if I keep even this pace - I would definately have over 1000 miles, actually 90 x 12 = 1080.)  When I started tracking my miles (just for fun) I NEVER in my WILDEST dreams thought that I would log that kind of mileage.  That really blows my mind!!!  It just with determination and focus one can accomplish!  I would LOVE this week to break 100 miles - wouldn't that be COOL!!!  I will do it!  I did do a very odd thing this morning - slept in and took the morning off from running.  My body obviously needed more rest and tomorrow I will probably be back on the treadmill to rack up more miles.  The forecast for the weekend is still calling for warm weather...  OH - I am going for a REALLY long run... I am so so so very anxious.  I feel like the kid waiting for Santa to come...  I am counting the minutes, get real seconds, till Saturday morning....  Then off I go....  I wonder if I can do my goal run.  That is a 12 mile run outside of town - in the rolling hills of Pec/Ridott.  I love that run, I am out in the countryside and see so much wildlife.  I pass farmland, wooded areas, and the river.  Along the river I see the beaver's in their house.  I have always thought beavers were so cute and very cool.  How they make this perfect house out of mud and sticks that is so sturdy that it survives storms and other natural events.  I also pass a farm with horses.  The horses last year seemed to be used to me running past.  I had one that actually would run along side me.  That was fun!  Then there are the hills.  My area is definitely not flat.  We have some good and challenging hills.  Even to get back to my house - there is one mother of a hill that I have to run to get home.  I consider that my FINAL challenge of my run and curse the hill but I really love the challenge.  So why I have gotten so passionate about running?  The first thing - this is something I thought there was NO WAY in this lifetime I would EVER be able to do.  Let's get real.  I am over 50 yrs old, have been over-weight much of my adult life, and have MS.  So even the notion of running any distance was way remote...  So finding that I have accomplished this goal shows what can be done.  I am not saying that everyone can do this.  I just know what is right for me.  And yes - my doctors even know EXACTLY what I am doing.  They have even had to patch me back up after one of my MANY MANY falls.  But they do encourage me.  They NEVER have told me to stop.  I also run for ALL those with MS and other neurological disease that cannot.  When I started running - the number one feeling was like being FREE.  I was not tied down to the neuro pain or the heavy legs or the miss-stepping.  I was just running...  It is a WONDERFUL feeling.  Now, not every run is that good.  Sometimes, I start out good and very shortly my legs so "screw you" and they do not want to move.  Believe me if anyone ever had a recording device on me during a run - they would hear some very nasty language from time to time.  I do not direct this language to a person but to MS.  MS does NOT deserve nice language.  So I get my frustrations out by telling MS exactly what I think of it in very plain and colorful language.  See why I don't have anyone run with me????  I don't know if they would quite understand that... 
Today is run rest day.  I will go to exercises classes, yes that is plural, tonight.  So I will get my cardo and some cross-training in.  So it is not like I am sitting back and eating chocolate all day (oh - that would be nice...). 

No comments:

Post a Comment