Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 5, 2013

WOW!!!! What a whirlwind of activity in our family!!!!! So much in such a short span of time!!!! Where do I begin.... Let's begin chronologically... Jeremy and Anna's wedding on 8/24/2013 was beautiful and wonderful!!!! It was a perfect day with perfect temperatures. We started the day by going to the park where the reception was going to be held. Jeremy had me, my husband and some friends worked on the set up of the room. It did not take any time at all. The only thing I knew from talking with Jeremy was it was at a building in a park. I did not know that the building was on the Chesapeake Bay... Talk about GORGEOUS!!!! We even did something unusual - we stayed at a Hostel in Baltimore, right across the street from the Basilica. It was really fun! We meet some VERY VERY interesting young people. One was riding his bike from NY to Florida. He was a professional dancer on Broadway and wanted to take some time to do some serious soul searching. Another young man, from India, was completely blind. He was doing some graduate work with John Hopkins dealing with the blind. So that just added to our trip, to meet these wonderful people! As you can imagine, I did not get much mileage in that week. Then the following weekend, (last weekend), Jeremy and Anna were here from Maryland. They are traveling to their new home in Denver, CO. It worked out PERFECT!!! Because one week from their wedding - Kollin, our new grandson was born (8/31/13)!!!!! I was happy that Kollin was born when everyone was home!!! That was really special, he was able to be greeted by his new grandparents, aunt, and uncle!!! Now, things are calming down. Jeremy and Anna have left to continue their travels to Colorado. Elyse is home with Kollin. So the new family is beginning their adjustment to having a new baby in the house. I am getting back to my training for the 1/2 marathon. I was trying to work on my distance last weekend but, I have been plagued by some stomach bug for a good week. But by Sunday, I was able to get my distance up. I did 8.16 on Sunday and 9.08 on Monday. This weekend, I only have time for one long run (if the weather is OK). So I am really hoping that I can get that in and go even longer... Then a week from this Saturday, I am going to practice running the route. My friend, Laura, is going to bike it so I do not get off course. This way I will be familiar with the route and it will help me psychologically just knowing that I can do it. Then I will have a week to do shorter runs to the actual event. I have so MANY GREAT and WONDERFUL things that I am celebrating during this run... The marriage of Jeremy and Anna, the birth of Kollin, and my own celebration of beating my MS and not allowing it to over take me. I find it very sad when I hear so many people with MS say, "I can't do anything like that." I have been at the bottom - using the walker/cane because I could barely walk, weighting more than 270 lbs, having HORRIBLE fatigue issues, and horrible balance issues.... I know what it is like -- I have been there done that. The amount of progress that I have made is amazing and I do not plan on stopping. You have to decide what you want out of this life. I choose to live to the fullest! I plan to be as active as possible! I plan to not allow MS to overtake my life! I want to be active, enjoy my life, enjoy my family, travel, and do everything and anything I want to do!!!! So remember -- ALWAYS AND FOREVER FORWARD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment