Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14, 2013

Well, YES I AM ALREADY FINISHED withMY 1000 MILE IN 2013 CHALLENGE!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!! Now, let's see how many I can finish before the end of 2013? It will be interesting!!??? To date, I have ran 13 days in a row!!!! I know EXACTLY why I have been able to do this --- it is because I don't have that 2 days of "Avonex funk". That is what I called it... The Avonex is a MS drug that is an injectable that I took for years. For almost a year, it would take me at least 1 1/2 days to get over what I termed the "Avonex funk". You don't feel really bad - just very low energy and every muscle in your body weighted about a 1000 lbs... Now, with the new drug, Tecfidera, I don't have ANY of those issues. That is pretty evident with the number of days in a row that I have ran. So with that I could not be more THRILLED!!!!!! Today, I am going to take a rest day from running. Just because last night when I ran I could feel it in my knees and shins a little bit. Plus, tomorrow is still on the cooler side and I want to try to get some big miles in. This Saturday, I do have a little race, a 5K, in Stoughton, WI. It is a fun race with some steep hills. Afterwards, there is a nice little festival. Plus, you can get ALL the coffee you want... It is a coffee tasting festival. Stoughton, because of the Norwegian heritage, is known as the Coffee Drinking Capital... I did this race last year and I enjoyed it. So I decided this is one I wanted to do! I did get REALLY close to the 13.1 miles last weekend... Saturday I ran 12.08 miles. The weather for running has been in my favor. The weather for swimming as not been very good. We actually decided to close the pool for the season. We did this for a few reasons including; the cooler weather and so many family events going on. I ALWAYS HATE closing the pool. It means that nice warm days are numbered. But this year, with SO MANY WONDERFUL things going on --- it is hard not be happy and excited!! A week from this Saturday, we are in Maryland for Jeremy and Anna's wedding... HOW EXCITING!!!!! Then at any time from that point, Kollin will be born - our FIRST GRANDBABY!!!! Then September is the 1/2 marathon in Madison... So as you see - I definitely will not be bored!!!! http://beta.active.com/madison-wi/running/garden-half-marathon-4-mile-run-walk-2013 This is the website to sign up for the 1/2 marathon --- IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO JOIN ME!!!!! Afterwards, you get your picture taken with Big Bird and Cookie Monster... That is what sold me!!!!! So as ALWAYS AND FOREVER FORWARD!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment