Friday, September 13, 2013

September 13, 2013

TOMORROW is going to be a BIG, BIG DAY!!!!! WHY?????!!!! Tomorrow, I am going to practice running the 1/2 marathon route in Madison, WI. My friend, Laura, is going to bike the route ahead of me so that I do not get lost. She will be biking slow because, I am not the fastest runner but that is OK. I do not care about speed, I care about longevity!!! I do wish I would have gotten in more distance practices in - that part does bother me. But this last month, has not been good for that - hot weather, wedding, new grandson... But - oh, well.... I am getting in this practice run in. That will help me so very much! Like I say... I am not going for speed (I cannot do speed). I am just going for endurance - staying upright, run 100%, and finishing (hopefully not last). That is my WHOLE goal!!!!!! I have really worked for this moment.... WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT --- only three years ago I gave up my cane and started running... NOW to do a 1/2 marathon -- that is 13.1 miles -- WOW!!!!!! So definitely keep me in your thoughts tomorrow -- that I accomplish this and live afterwards!!!! I am dedicating this run to my WONDERFUL new additions to my family... #1 that beautiful grandson of mine... #2 my new daughter and son.... I cannot be more blessed!!!! My MS is in a state that is fairly manageable. Yes, I still have issues... lots of issues... I wish I could sleep an entire night through without the DAMN legs seizing and wanting to move all the time and feeling like there is hot ants running up and down them... That is a BITCH!!!! Or the fact that - of the numbness and spasticity in my legs and feet. Of course, this heightens when stressed (like running)... I WILL NOT ALLOW MS TO OVER TAKE ME!!!! DAMN THE SYMPTOMS --- DAMN THE MS RIGHT TO HELL WHERE IT CAME FROM!!!!! I am also very blessed that the EXTREME hot weather has broken... (MS and heat do NOT get along - understatement!!!) So this will be very beneficial to my run!!!!! I have run up to the 13 mile mark but never past it... so this will be a true test. Plus, I have not had that many long runs. I was able to get in quite a bit of long runs before the Syttende Mai race... But the weather was cooler and did not have that horrible humidity... So what I am going to do while I am running is ENJOY IT!!!! I am going to focus on the blessings in my life, enjoy the fact that I am doing this run in my hometown and just enjoy the run!!!!! AS ALWAYS AND FOREVER --- FORWARD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment