Friday, September 27, 2013

September 27, 2013

OK --- I'm here in Madison, WI countdown time before the half marathon race tomorrow morning starting at 7:00!!!!! The weather is a bit warmer than it was at our practice run. That may be an issue for me. But I am not going to worry about it. I am just going to enjoy the run!!! Afterwards, it sounds like there is going to be quite a party!!! I want that picture with Big Bird and Cookie Monster. What more could a girl want in this world!!! I am really excited!!! Who would ever EVER thought in a million years that I would be doing this. I am a person that NEVER ran when I was young. Here at 53 years old with SPMS going to run a half marathon --- 13.1 MILES!!!! Yes, the person only a 3 years ago was walking with a cane. The person about 5 years ago could NOT even wear shoes because the neuropathy pain was SO HORIBLE!!! In fact, I walked my first two 5k's in Crocs. The only shoes I could wear!!!! Very very true!!! Now look at me!!! Do I still have neuropathy issues? Yes!!! But they are not as intense as before. Plus, I have learned to blow them off. You just get used to them when you feel it EVERY day!!!! Tomorrow I am going to just enjoy myself!!! For me, the entire run will be a party!! I'm going to be celebrating with EVERY step!!! As I have already proven that I can do this. So now, it is just a matter of doing an 'encore' performance. So JUST enjoy the run and celebrate it!!! Now it is time to rest. The race begins at 7a and I want to be at the park by 6a. So eat and bedtime for this runner. So as ALWAYS and FOREVER FORWARD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment