Friday, May 25, 2012

May 25, 2012

Tomorrow, will be one full week since the BIG RACE. The race results have come in. I was 124th out of 227. So that makes me middle of the pack. For my division (old lady), I was 12th out of 14. So still was not last... That is one of my goals - I really do not want to be last. Next year, will be different results!!!!!! This week has been tough with my training for the 5k. I know that the fatigue from the stress of the 10 mile and that God-aweful heat caught up with me. I did do the 5K route for the Pecatonica race on Mon, Tues, and Wed. Wednesday was my best time and I am feeling like I have regained my energy level back. Thursday night I was going to run but there was a bad wind storm. I did feel it was worth jeopardizing myself. So I have not run since Wednesday. I have gone to the gym every morning and on Thursday and today - I just did strength and core training. I also worked on my pilates. Pilates is WONDERFUL for those that have balance issues. I really attribute Pilates to how I have gotten to the point of being able to run. For me, by learning how to manage that Core and strengthing it has been absolutely fantastic! I also think the strength training of the weight lifting has increased my overall strength. This really helps with running up all those hills. So once again, tomorrow is supposed to be very hot. But the race is at 8a and I will be done in about 1/2 hour - long before it really warms up. Then off to have my coffee and lefse!!! Yes - I bought extra in Stoughton to bring home so I can enjoy them after the race. We will see how it goes. My time has to be better than last year; 38.41. I think I can do better than that. I have been doing that time - by myself without the added push of other people around me. My best time last year, was at the Orangeville 5K and I was at 34 mins... So let's see how we do this year. One of my problems with speed is that when I go too fast - the damn miss-stepping comes to play. Then I am on the ground - that does not help my time at all. I am ready for the summer fun of the 5K's. I really enjoyed the races and the people. I believe I have improved with time and also my endurance. But like anything "proof is in the pudding". Where that expression came from - who knows. So last night, I had a lovely chicken pizza. I don't like anything heavy before a race. So tonight may be rice and/or salad... I don't know yet... But I am psyched about this race and this weekend. I think it will be WONDERFUL!! After I am still for awhile with my coffee and lefse then we can go out get our swimming pool chemicals and various plants. So we will be busy.... I love it!!! I am ready for the summer, let's go outside and play!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment