Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 2, 2012

Well, believe it or not one WHOLE weekend and NO RACES!!!!! Next weekend is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY!!! But I am enjoying my "weekend off". I also started my summer vacation so it is really nice. I have Thursdays and Fridays off from now till the middle of August. So that is pretty nice --- 3 DAY WORK WEEKS!!!! I have had a nice 2 days of my vacation. Thursday it rained. So I could not run outside so - ran at the gym. Then went up to Madison WI and to the New Balance shoe store so they could test my feet and run style to see what style of shoe I should have. I only went to see about what they said and will maybe see if I can price out the shoes online. They are pretty pricey. But then again GOOD running shoes are pricey. That is one thing I DO NOT CUT CORNERS ON!!!! Because not only does that affect your feet but also your joints. If you mess those up, that could be forever and NO MORE RUNNING EVER!!!! So spending a $100+ is worth it!!!! Then yesterday, did not run in the morning, just tired. I did go out garage sale-ing with 2 of my good running buddies. That was ALOT OF FUN!!! I found quite a bit of "treasures" so I was VERY HAPPY!!! Then came home, quick run over to Summit, did the BodyPump class and ran home. So I got in a couple of miles... This morning I did the 5K route. Did pretty good with time, 36 mins. So on the whole, I really think I am improving with my running. If I think back to where I was at one year ago, I could NOT run the 3.4 miles 100% it was AT BEST maybe 60%-70%. So in one year, that is quite an improvement. So I still by the end of the season want to break out of the 30 min time period and get to 29. I don't care if it is 29.999999999 - that is still 29!!! So all I can do is keep working!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment