Friday, April 5, 2013

April 5, 2013

Well, I am ANOTHER year older... Actually, it really does not bother me. I am in GREAT overall physical health, my running is coming along, and my MS is at a manageable stage. Both of my kids are doing well, productive, and overall happy with their lives. So really what more could I require.... I will tell you what --- to finish my training for the 10 mile race and complete the race; train for the 1/2 marathon and complete that in the fall; finish my quilt that I have been working on; start my planting outside; seal the deck to the pool; and on and on.... See I ALWAYS have a list of various projects... But that is GREAT!!! I like to be busy and productive. There is always something going on in my world even if it is an afternoon of watching movies - I am still working on my quilting or some such thing. OK - I have gotten in TWO (shall we count them T---W----O) of my 12+ mile routes.... With this weekend, I have 6 more to go before Syttendi Mai. I have been doing very well with not only my 12+ miler but also with my overall running. I have really been focusing on the distance aspect. I have noticed that I cannot just do big distance day after day. So I do take breaks and maybe just running on the Precor and not doing anything outside. This seems to help. I am still continuing with my overall exercise/strength/endurance training. So far, it is all going GREAT! Just last night, my running friend and I did 8.25 miles. I did have issues with my legs being "jumpy" and did wake me up last night. But that was my only issue. Today, I had planned to bring it down. I did some overall exercise this morning and will do BodyPump this evening. I should be rested for tomorrow's big run. You also have to think - I am not the youngest puppy in the pen. But I am out there trying - EVERY DAY!!!! Soon I will be a grandmother - I want to be active and play with the child, not just sit and look at him/her. We are finally starting to get REAL spring weather!!!! The snow is pretty much gone and we have been having some 50 degree days. I love running outside without all the layers of clothing. I would love to try running on the Prairie Path. I think they are supposed to paved it in town... I hope that is soon!!!! ALWAYS FORWARD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment