Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12, 2013

I am still continuing with my 12+ mile training... I have completed it THREE times and have five more opportunities. So I am doing very well with that aspect. This week I took a different route, just for a change of pace. I decided to try to run the Pecatonica Prairie Path. The state has been working on this path for quite some time. They have smoothed it out, put in bridges, and layed down limestone. I tried it first on Saturday and went out 7.45 miles. I found at least to the point that I went it was doable. So on Sunday, the weather was much better. It was sunny and really nice out (I even got a little sun burn.) Well, so out I trecked... I was able to get all the way to the end of the construction of the path that goes through a tunnel underneath Hwy. 20 (this was really cool) and starting into Winnebago. I turned around at this point... By the time I had finished the path and back I had ran 12.58 miles. This is further than my usual of 12.21. I know you say, that is not much... No, it is not --- but believe me I did feel the difference of that extra mileage. Not so much of being sore -- it was being tired. But I can live through tired. So this week, due to the extra long run and the weather being rainy and cold. I have run inside all week and my mileage is very low. That is OK - I think it is good to have some low mileage weeks. It just helps this poor old body to recoop a bit. Our run club days - the weather has been cold and misting rain. I chose to run inside. I cannot afford to get sick. For me to get sick - causes my MS symptoms to really escalate (on the big time scale). It could also send my progress backwards immensely. So I do try to be wise about my training. I am just pleased so far, with how I am doing with my distance. I am doing MUCH better at coping with the long distances. It seems to really help with taking the Vitamen B gummy and increasing my electrolytes. This weekend, I cannot do the Prairie Path. We have had non-stop rain all week. So I am back to the street. That is OK - it was nice to have a change of scenery. The other BIG news this week is that my son became engaged to a wonderful girl!!!! They met in Maryland through the Lutheran Church that he had been going to. They have not confirmed a date yet. The Marines is transfering him this fall to Colorado. So we will see what happens. I am just VERY VERY glad that he is happy. He has had a hard road in the love department the last few years and he deserves to be happy. So congrats and lots and lots of love to both of them!!!! Otherwise, with having to "play inside" all week, I am DYING to get outside and run. I should be able to get my long run in possibly tomorrow, according to the forecast. Right now, I just really want to stay on track with my training. That is very important! So remember - ALWAYS FORWARD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment