Friday, April 19, 2013

April 19, 2013

It has been a VERY VERY DEPRESSING WEEK!!!! I think for all of that that are runners (to whatever degree) we share a sort of familia kindship that is very hard to explain. We understand tremendous sacrifice, physical work, pain, joy, and friendship that comes from running. We all become sisters and brothers with one common bond. This week was the Boston Marathon, I did not know any of the runners personally, but we did have some runners from our general area at the race. In case, you had not heard, there was a bombing at the race. People died and gravely injuried from the blast. I truefully cannot really comprehend how this type of thing can happen or what causes people to do such a horrific action. It is truely beyond my comprension. I know that many runners (all over the country) have been wearing their race shirts all week (some under their work clothes). On Friday, we generally can wear more causal clothing. I wore my VERY best running shirt (to date) - my 10 mile shirt from Stoughton. I also made blue/yellow ribbon pin and barrett to show my support. As of this writing, they have caught one of the people and he was killed. Now they are still looking for the second bomber. There has been SO MUCH violence these last few years, what has made people so angry at each other. This is another concept - that I just do not understand. I am really a very simple person at heart. I love my life - I am able to go run where I want; I work on my sewing; I have a GREAT family; I live in a community where people know one another and still say "Hi!". On the whole my life is very low key and simple. I do not believe in retaining anger - why??? The person you may be angry at - probably does not care. It is just SUCKING energy out of you - why give that person that satisfaction? I have really learned this with my MS. One of the symptoms that MANY MS people experience is chronic fatigue. Believe me, chronic fatigue is a BITCH... There is NO, NO other term for it!!! It makes you so tired that the SMALLEST AMOUNT OF ENERGY is a HUGE effort... Sometimes that is as simple as talking or reading... So WHY would I or anyone want to WASTE their energy on something where there is NO resolution??? What is the point??? Anger is that - a waste of energy... Yes, I feel HORRIBLE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNNERS, THEIR FAMILIES, AND PEOPLE THAT WERE AFFECTED by the bombing. I also feel VERY VERY sad for the bombers -- what makes someone become that mentally SICK???!!!! Now, don't think I am some bleeding heart that thinks everyone can be transformed.... NO - I do support capital punishiment in extreme murder cases. (Of course, this is one of those...) I have heard interviews from many runners saying that - this will NOT STOP THEM - THEY WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR. That is the attitude many runners get.... even if you fall, or hurt yourself - you get up and go again and again and again. They are not a weak or fickle group of people. Look at me.... I used to do the 17 mile run/walk in Stoughton --- yes I am back!!!! It took me time - not up to the 17 mile -- but getting ready for my SECOND 10 MILE RUN!!!! The last few weeks, it has been horrible with the weather. We have had - snow, rain, and some sun. It is really weird. I did somehow get out between rains last weekend and get in my 12+ mile run. This week, has not been good for being outside. Actually, I think it is worse than the week before. But I have gotten in my 12+ miles EVERY weekend so far. Hopefully, I can get another in this weekend. The clock is counting down... Only 4 more trainings to go before the race. As ALWAYS --- MOVE FORWARD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment