Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013

WOW!!! It is the New Year, Christmas is over and so many things has transpired. It has been a whirlwind of activity. Where to begin.... let's start with my running... Yes, I have been running on the Precor machine at the gym. That is the ONLY machine I can run on without causing pain to my shins. Actually, I have ran 11 days straight. Today, may be that much needed rest day. The shin splints are doing better. I do wear my shin compression sleeves every time I run or workout. I do notice a big difference by having them on. I also worked very hard at keeping on track not only with my exercise but my nutrition during the holidays. I did have some Swedish meatballs that I made. It is made with 3 kinds of meat; venison, turkey, and beef. I had about 6 of these and I think with the beef in them; my stomach was nauseas for about 3 days. Plus, I felt more fatigued. So it just shows me that I REALLY cannot do ANY beef at all - even in small amounts. Next year, I will make my Swedish meatballs without any beef at all. I continued my exercise throughout the holiday... In fact, I have ran and worked out for 11 days in a row. Today, may be my rest day. Then we have had some sad news during this time, my sister-in-law has been very ill for awhile now. She was readmitted into the hospital and has been sedated. Yesterday, they removed the breathing tube and she become responsive. I am very concerned and pray for her as to how much more her physical body can withstand. It is a very trying situation. So this was the first year, we did not have any Christmas gathering with the extended Johnson family. So on Christmas Eve, it was just Brian and I and we had a very nice lobster dinner. Then afterwards I walked over to Christmas Eve mass. It was a very low key and relaxing evening. Then Christmas Day, we went to Elyse and Karl's. It was so much fun and the new kitchen is the most amazing remodel I have ever seen. They worked SO SO VERY HARD!!!! In 2012 I ran -- 1,103 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!I have set my goals for 2013.... They include two big running goals: run 100% the Syttendi Mai 10-mile in May; run a half marathon in the fall; complete another 1000 mile in 2013 challenge; run local races 5K's and 10k's. I am not so concerned about speed. For me, speed is very difficult. If I get going to fast, I am not always in full control of my leg movements. If my nerves/muscles decide not to do something (which they do especially when stressed) then I fall and injure myself. So I want to concentrate more on distance this year. I really do enjoy that. Plus, I can just go at MY PACE. As always, I try to push myself to another level. The half marathon is a HUGE step for me. I just want to say that I have done one at least once in my life... that would be pretty cool!!!! The whole holiday vacation time went MUCH TOO FAST!!!! I never get all the items done that I would like - oh, well... But I did get many things done and yes - even a new quilt started. I REALLY enjoyed a new activity this year - making fused/stained glass. I made a total of 4 fused glass stars and then got creative and made 2 sets of earrings and matching barretts. The best part of the Christmas was spending time with my family!!!!! Having both of my children their with their partners - it was GREAT!!! Seeing them interact with each other and having a wonderful time. Plus it was so good to see Jeremy with his girlfriend. They work very well together. I am SO SO THRILLED to see Jeremy happy again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He went through his dark time but, he is back into the light!!!!! All and all - a very nice Christmas season... rememberable with our squirrel adventures.... Now a new year - new challenges and ALWAYS MOVING FORWARD!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment