Friday, October 12, 2012

October 12, 2012

Last weekend was WONDERFUL!!!! I did get to spend some time with my baby while he was home for a VERY short bit. Anytime was GREAT!!! I also was able to meet his girlfriend - she is very sweet!!! I do wish I got the opportunity to spend more time with them but they had various activities and so did I... But we were together at the BIG bonfire party!!! The party was GREAT!!! SO MANY people all having a very nice time. Jake (one of the kid's friend's) put on a WONDERFUL fireworks display... He does an awesome job!!!! I surprisingly very active even with doing the race in the morning. I had a 5K in Orangeville on the Jane Addams trail. That race is usually a fast race since the trail is flat. The only obstacles for me this year was that there were a few places where there was some wet leaves down that was slick and there were also some spots where the limestone was very loose. So I did slow down at these points - I am still recovering from the shoulder sprain and do not need to fall and get a new injury. My time this year=33.19; time last year = 34.12; so almost a minute faster... I was hoping to be at 30 -- maybe next year! The other great thing is that I am closing in on the 1000 miles. To date I am at 818.18 miles -- only 181.82 to go!!!!!!! I have been doing alot of evening runs this week. I think part of it is the fatigue issue and the other part is that it is darker and colder in the morning and the nice warm bed is very very comfortable!!!! But this morning I did get myself up and get in a decent run!!! Hopefully, this weekend I can pull off a longer run. Whether it is 14 miles, I don't know... We will see....

No comments:

Post a Comment