Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 7, 2014

Exactly 10 days to the 10-mile Syttende Mai race in Stoughton, WI. I did get to Oregon (where race starts) last Saturday. I ran the full route, never stopping. I just kept a steady slower pace. My main goal is, as always to run it 100% and to stay upright. It took me 2:29 which was much slower than previous years. But then I was not dealing with tendonitis. I STILL have not seen the podiatrist since our first appointment because I have been rescheduled. I did have the MRI done and have read the report from the radiologist. I am supposed to have an appointment this Friday, we will see what he said. I just keep running and eating a lot of ibuprofen. Which is not really a good thing. At least, I know it is not a bone spur. That could be devastating!!!! So far this week, I have run 4 days in a row. I have not done that in a long time. The weather the last few days has been decent. But I continue with my regular active lifestyle. I don't believe in slowing down. I refuse to allow the MS to get the upper hand. This will be my THIRD year of doing this race. That alone is AMAZING!!! I NEVER would have thought -- me with Secondary Progressive MS and NEVER running before could be at this stage. It has been a LONG, LONG climb. Starting at the very pit -- weighing 270 lbs and using a cane/walker only FOUR years ago! I REFUSE to go backwards. I enjoy being active and plan to do my damnest to stay that way!!!! I was hoping to maybe do the 20 mile race this year but, it was not meant to be. Maybe next year, who knows. The one truly AWESOME thing is at the finish line my new grandson should be there. He can see his Nana running hard. Next year, I will have another grandbaby greeting me at the finish line. That is SO VERY EXCITING!!!! Right now, I am hoping for decent weather. I plan to run it easy and steady. So now and always --- forever forward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment