Friday, May 23, 2014

May 23, 2014

Well, I LIVED through the 10 mile race in Stoughton, WI!!! Yes, tendons are still in tack!!! YEA!!!!! This was my THIRD year of completed that race. I also received my very coveted race shirt. YOU ONLY RECEIVE THIS IF YOU FINISH!!!! So they are really special and worn with GREAT PRIDE AND HONOR~!!! I also saw my best little grandson when I was done. That really made me very happy to have my family there in support!!!!! This race was specially difficult due to the tendon tears. I ran it 100% but, really took a very easy pace. I did not want to push to hard and have those tendons snap. I was already PUSHING THE ENVELOPE TO THE EXTREME!!! With the more relaxed pace, my time was longer. But oh well... I finished and did not snap any tendons. So I am good with that!!!! Now, this weekend I have the Pecatonica Crooked River 5K. That will be my LAST TIME RUNNING FOR THE NEXT 6-8 WEEKS!!! OH -- I am going to die without running!!! But I am going to focus ALL MY OUTDOOR running time to biking. I do have my new "big girl bike" and that is what I am going to do!!! Maybe all this will make me a better distance runner. Who knows... I am trying to think very positive. I was thinking during the last couple of miles of the Syttende Mai race - how this was my VERY LAST LONG RUN for 2 months!!! So I decided to celebrate the run. I was celebrating the whole way of that race. Every person I passed - I would tell them what a great job they were doing and to keep going. I know that the race is very difficult. I don't know what race these people were doing but, it did not matter. There were 3 races going on simultaneously (the 10-mile, 20-mile, and 17-mile walk/run). The weather was PERFECT... It was cooler, a light breeze, and sunny. You could not have asked for anything better. After I got through the race, showered, and off for my prize -- coffee and lefse!!!! The rest of the weekend, I was enjoying every activity that I could!!! It is ALWAYS SO MUCH FUN!!!! This whole week I have really been resting that tendon... NO AEROBIC activity... only Pilates and biking. So hopefully, I can cruise through the 5K race. I will do the same thing... just run... I am NOT GOING TO PUSH IT... just take it easy. Then after the race, breakfast with our running club. That sounds like a pretty wonderful way to start a holiday weekend to me!!!! Remember ALWAYS AND FOREVER - FORWARD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment