Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30, 2013

Well, this past week was not a really good week for my distance running... I did get 3 days in of over 7 miles at a shot. I am still working on my distance. The temperature outside the past week has been very mild. But my body has not full cooperated to take advantage. I hope by Thursday I can get out there and grab some real distance. That 1/2 is coming up so, I have to prepare. I also have 2 other races that I am planning before the end of the year. One is a 5K in Stoughton WI - the Java Jog. Afterwards, you get to drink ALL the coffee you want... (Can we say a whole day of being HYPER!!!!) The other one is in Sycamore IL a 10K in October. So between those three races that will wind up the season. Then I will be back to training for the 10 mile race in Stoughton in May. With all the activities going on in my life, that is really all I can handle right now. I have two MAJOR events in August - the birth of my first grandchild and Jeremy and Anna's wedding. Both events are very exciting!!!! In the meantime, I will just keep running. I also have been doing quite a bit a teaching of Pilates for my buddy, Laura. Pilates has helped my TREMENDOUSLY with balance and overall strength. It has even been studied and proven that it is helpful for people with MS and other neuromuscular conditions. I can not stress the importance of this activity enough for people with balance issues. I also JUST received some GET NEWS!!!!! My new medication Tecfidera (an ORAL MS drug) is FINALLY going to be delivered by the end of the week!!!! I have been waiting for a month for this medication but there has been screw ups between the pharmacy and the drug company. Anyway.... I will have it!!!! NO MORE SHOTS!!!! That does not upset me at all!!!! No more site reactions from shots --- no more with the 2 day Avonex funk afterwards (you folks on Avonex - know exactly what I mean!!!) I am praying for CLEAR sailing!!!! This is REALLY my picture of what I am really praying was my LAST and FINAL shot!!! HEY!!!!!!!!!!! I have been giving myself shots for over 7 years... So I will be FREE of that!!! I will let everyone know how we (hopefully) progress with the Tecfidera. I am voting for POSITIVE!!!!! With such good news - and more races to look forward to - and cooler weather... I am planning on really hitting some distance this week. I am SO EXCITED!!! So many WONDERFUL things going on in my life!!! I want to run in celebration of all the excitement!!! As always and forever - FORWARD!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment