Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 2, 2013

I have been doing all short runs lately, nothing over 5-6 miles. One problem was having the poison oak (that was miserable). I could hardly stand having my calf sleeves on - not fun. So I had to go for short runs. Then there is always the weather. It has not been too terribly hot but it has been rainy. On the whole, so far, it has been a very cool summer. So if it is not one thing it is the other... Oh, well. I know I really need to get myself out there and do some long runs. That half marathon will be here before I know it and I need time to prepare. This weekend is the July 4th holiday and I am NOT running the Stockton 5K. I have been doing that race even when I was still using my cane. I am really trying to economize as much as possible due to the trip to Jeremy and Anna's wedding. But I am going to spend on ONE RACE - the half in September!!! I just want to keep everything as tight as possible. I am really looking forward to going to Maryland in August for the wedding. It will be SO MUCH FUN! Plus, to have the opportunity to meet Anna's family. That will be really special!!! I know that my daughter REALLY, REALLY wants to be there but with being due with the baby only a few weeks from their marriage date - it is not possible. So I will just takes LOTS and LOTS of pictures for her. I am dedicating my 1/2 marathon to my soon-to-be grandson, Kollin. I was invited to Elyse's ultrasound the other day. It is 4-D - the clarity is AMAZING!!! I framed the one printout of the ultrasound and put it next to Elyse's baby picture. And DO YOU EVER SEE THE RESEMBLANCE!!!! I was SHOCKED till I put the pictures next to one another!!! So see - I have to work HARD!!! I also have to really get out there and get in some distance. The heat/humidity is still a HUGE factor for me! I plan this weekend to try to get in some distance. I might stay closer to town just due to any heat issues. Then if the sun and humidity are starting to work on me, I can get home rather quickly. That may be my best solution. Overall, I am doing very good with my mileage... I am currently at 802 miles for the year!!! So the 1000 miles - will not be a problem... Actually, I have been doing OVER 100 miles per month - so I should have this done in September... Then on to the next challenge... whatever that may be... First, I have to have the 1/2 completed. That is what my WHOLE focus... So right now... just working on keeping myself moving forward... ALWAYS FORWARD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment