Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31, 2013

Well, made it through the first 5K race of the season last Saturday - Pecatonica Library 5K. They had changed the route a bit so we were "off road" during some of the transitions between road and the Pec Praire Path. This for me is EXTREMELY hard!!! I am good at "locking into gear" but changes of pavement or conditions are really tough. But I was able to not only maintain upright but also to improve my time from last year a bit. Last year, I was 33.23 mins. This year ---- 33 mins EVEN... I know not that whopping improvement that you thought it would be. But considering all the breaks in surface and being off road - this to me was VERY GOOD!!! I did not place in my age group but that is OK... I know I did my best and actually improved not only with my time but having the balance to keep running despite the rough surface area!!!! I was actually very pleased!!!!!!! So now what is next.... I am not sure... I have not signed up for any new races. I really do want to get back to working on increasing my distance. It has been tough this week due to the fact that it has been rainy and EXTREMELY humid. The humidity just kills me. I cannot do any distance in that at all. I run about 2-3 miles and I am ready to bag it in... So I am praying for a cooler days this summer so I can work on my distance. I am really hoping that if not this weekend - next I can get in a nice LONG run... I really want to increase to over that 12.25/12.5 mile mark.... All I can do is keep trying.... As always --- FORWARD... ALWAYS FORWARD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment