Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11, 2013

My 1/2 marathon training OFFICIALLY began last week!!!! I was able to extend my country route a bit to 13.11 miles. I didn't run it 100%. I stopped for one bathroom break. Then towards the end the heat was getting to me and I did have to walk a bit. But I did make it!!! At this point, I am going to have to stick to that route for awhile. I really don't think I can go any further. But the point is I MADE IT!!! I have time to keep working on my mileage the 1/2 marathon is not till September so I am in good shape. Right now, the weather is starting to FINALLY turn to summer. That means - heat and humidity. So in order for me to survive ANY LONG RUNS I am going to have to get going extremely early - like around 4:30a... NOT KIDDING!!! It took me 3hr10mins to do that run... So with leaving the house at 4:30 will get me home around 7:30a. I just have to try to beat the heat. I will schedule the rest of the day to float in my pool.... I know what a hard life.... Also, I have ANOTHER incentive to do the 1/2 marathon. I won a BEAUTIFUL bracelet and necklace that commemorates a half marathon. They asked me to write a short paragraph and submit. I couldn't believe it!!!! SO NOW I HAVE TO DO IT... I REALLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO WEAR THE JEWELRY PROUDLY!!! So I see this as signs all leading me to do the 1/2. Plus, I want to be a Nana that my grandson can be proud of!!! So, yes --- ALWAYS FORWARD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment