Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16, 2013

It is count down time for the Syttendi Mai 10 mile run! It will be this Saturday - so ONLY 2 days to go!!!! I am INCREDIBLY excited!!! The weather is not going to be so HORRIBLY hot this year. Last year, it was well in the 90's when I finished. This year, they are even talking some rain. The rain would be OK - it helps to cool you down. I have NO PROBLEMS with that at all!!!! My main nemasis is the HEAT!!!! That really works on my MS symptoms and they just go nuts. But this is going to be MY YEAR!!!! I have made that determination. I have ran the course once and did great. Took it at a nice pace and had no problems. In fact, I was quite a bit faster than what I ran it last year. But speed is not my thing -- just to go nice and steady and run 100% - that is ALL I ask!!! I was disappointed that I did not run last weekend. I did not run AT ALL!!!! I know very strange. But the weather was crappy and I had a really busy week at work that just drained my energy down to the sub-basement. That is how it goes... Maybe by taking it easy this week and no big strainous runs - that will help me. Last night, I did get out and run a very short one. It felt good! I am just really being very protective of my energy level. I can not have it go down that low - I will never make it through the run. Then the rest of the summer I will start training for my 1/2 marathon in September. Yes, right now I am running 12 1/4 miles --- but I need to bring it up to over 13. So I will make a new route to up the mileage. I have my PRIZE all set for after the run. After my shower - directly to Fosdahl's Bakery for lefse and coffee.... YUMMMMMMMMY!!!~! Then the various Norwegian activities --- then lunch - hummus wrap and corn on the cob, more Norwegian activities then dinner veggie bratwaurst, corn on the cob, and some tofuti ice cream for dessert.... I know what I want... YUMMMMMMMY!!!!! What really does you in is about 1/4 mile before the finish line you pass the bakery.... The smells - OH MY -- it is a KILLER.... I think they should have the race END at the bakery. Just think of the money they would make!!!! Today I will not be able to get outside and run due to work committments. Tomorrow I will probably do a SHORT run and bodypump... but nothing to terribly hard... Then... it will be time to go!!! As ALWAYS AND FOREVER -- ALWAYS MOVING FORWARD!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment