Friday, November 30, 2012

November 30, 2012

I have enjoyed and VERY MUCH needed my running vacation... This is not to say that I have not ran at all - because I have. The runs I have done have been few and short. I am still having issues with my legs/knees - so I have not wanted to push it to hard. Tomorrow I start a new challenge (I cannot stay away from a challenge!!!) - 100K in December. I don't think I will have too much problems with this challenge... It ends up equated to = 62 miles/4 weeks = 15.5 per week = 2.22 per day.... This is very doable - even if I have to come inside and do the dreaded treadmill. So my plan is to start tomorrow - but no long runs - I want to keep them shorter maybe if my legs heal more then some longer but carefully and then there is the weather factor. It has stayed fairly mild so far but, you never know when the extreme cold and snow could break loose. So this challenge I will play by hear... Some will probably be outside and some inside. But my real concern is the knees and muscles... I really want to be able to do my goals for 2013. These goals are - do the 2013 1000 mile challenge; run the 10 mile Syttendi Mai race 100%; and run a half marathon race. Those are my plans at the moment. Hopefully my body allows me to accomplish these goals. This December 100K challenge, I will take it easier. My times have been slower lately due to the knee aspects and also running in the darkness. Yes, I have a headlamp but still it is difficult to see every divet and bump in the roads. So I think it best till we get more daylight to take it slower. The biggest factor is continuing moving. Last week was Thanksgiving holiday. We did a very unusual thing by going out to dinner. Actually it worked out very well. It was alot less work and afterwards we could go home and relax. For me it was to relax a bit before going out and do my Christmas shopping. This is the first year, that I ever started on Thanksgiving night. But I did it... I was 3rd in line at Shopko. Then continued through all the rest of the stores that I had mapped out. I was done and home in the early afternoon. Then rested, had a nice turkey dinner, and went and saw a WONDERFUL movie at the theater with Brian, my husband. So it was a good day for me. I did not get all my treasures wrapped yet (usually I do that also) but I should have that done this weekend. Then see - I just don't have to deal with anything else. Right now, my concentrations are on my fitness and also working on finishing my quilting projects. Since I am slowing down on the amount of time on running - it gives me more time for my sewing. I really enjoy my sewing plus it is very helpful and theraputic for someone with MS. Another symptom with MS is a lot of muscle stiffness/tightness/cramping/spasms... This is all muscle even the hand muscles - so my sewing helps to keep my hand muscle limber. Plus, quilting you use quite a bit of math/geometry - so this is helpful with the cognitive aspects of MS. So as you see, as I am making a present for someone I am also helping myself and my well being... I am so very HAPPY that my son will be home for Christmas!!! He will also be bringing his new girlfriend with him. That will be so wonderful that we can all be together. I am so happy that Jeremy is moving forward with his life. He has gone through some very difficult situations personally, ect... but he is perservering... See where I get my determination from - or is it the other way around??? Or is it that Irish Catholic thing that is way to imbedded in me and my children??? So I am continuing to ALWAYS MOVE FORWARD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment