Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21, 2012

YES, YES, YES --- I COMPLETED THE 1000 MILE CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I originally signed on to the challenge, I really never thought I could really do 1000 miles... Come on, that is crazy... let's think about this... I am a 50+ year old women, with Secondary Progressive MS, who just stopped using a cane a year and a half ago.... But I did do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to get it done before the weather really turned and it got horribly cold. Last weekend, we did the Jingle Bell 5K in Rockford. Oh my, there were ALOT of people - that race was HUGE!!!! There were many big time runners. I was having problems with my right leg - the muscle had spasmed on me during a run a couple of days prior and it was bothering me. But I was able to do the run. I just took it easy and paced it out. I actually did an amazing amount of miles that week --- 49 miles!!!! It is good and bad... It got me closer to my goal but on the other hand - I think I over did it. I am still feeling the effects in my knees and calves... So now, that I have finished the challenge - I am going to take a BRIEF vacation from running (at least a few days). Then we will see.... Right now, I am going to enjoy my Thanksgiving holiday... This year, we are going to a resteraunt for Thanksgiving... which is so nice... no work!!!! Then after I am going to break my usual tradition of starting and finishing my Christmas shopping on the day after --- I am actually going to start Thanksgiving Day... So the store I am looking at opens at 9p - I will be in line waiting for it to open - like all the other nuts... But actually I have always enjoyed the Black Friday sales - I am able to stretch my limited Christmas budget - I have always meet very nice people in the lines and chat with them... Plus I have EVERYTHING done in one day -- I have everything very stratigically mapped out with what store opens when - what I want at that store - then I move to the next... That is the way I enjoy it... I enjoy the fun of the "hunt".... I wondering if with all my running - will it help me running through the stores????? LOL... Have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't eat too much and enjoy and treasure your family and friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment