Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7, 2012

This has not been a good running week. Some of it is due to weather and the other due to MS issues. What are my MS issues, you ask. Some of it is fatigue, spasms in legs and feet, neuropathy feeling that my left leg and foot is bound very tight, feeling like I have rocks in my shoes 24/7, and a banding/squeezing feeling around my midriff. So are these are some of what I am dealing with. I am always dealing with these and other issues all the time - there is just a degree of the intensity. I was really hoping to run this morning but it was raining. So instead of going to the gym and running on the treadmill (which I HATE), I decided to get a little extra sleep. This does NOT mean by anyway that I have not been exercising. Yesterday, I did 2 exercise classes. I even taught Pilates for my friend, Laura. So EVERYDAY I have done something. Tonight, I will go to BodyPump. Tomorrow, I am leaving for a quilting event in Madison WI. I am hoping that I can run a couple of miles before 7am. So my next big running event is Sept 15th in Monroe WI. It is a 10K. I know that this is going to be difficult because of the steep hills in that area. The distance is not a problem - we know I can handle that. It will be interesting it is my first 10K race. Maybe I can squeeze out a couple miles tomorrow morning and then I do have Sunday. I do like it much better when I run in the morning. I feel more energized and the feeling of accomplishment. Yes, it is wearing but in a good way. On days I do not run I feel very flat, lower energy... Now should be my BEST time of year for running. We are starting to see some cooler days. There has still been some very hot and humid days but getting more of the milder temperatures. So that for me is the ideal running time. The new shoes are starting to break in OK. I do wish that I felt more energized. I do hate it when I have the "flat" feeling. The gloomy/rainy weather does not help. But we have had a summer of drought so I definately cannot complain about the rain. So now, I just need to work toward the 10K...

No comments:

Post a Comment