Friday, September 14, 2012

Sept 14, 2012

Today is the day before the big 10K race in Monroe, WI. I am really excited about this. This will be the longest race I have done since the start of my season in Stoughton, WI with the 10 mile race. I have been working on my distance, endurance running and feel I am in fairly good shape. I may not be the fastest one out there but, I will run it 100%. The weather has been cooler lately (thank goodness) which allows me to run farther. This morning I did a quick run before work (2.84 in 35mins). I did a nice pace and it was cooler. There was even frost on the grass. It really felt very refreshing in the cool air. It doesn't take me long to warm up - I am usually warm by the first mile. I have tried to run every day this week. I did not run on Thursday morning. I think that John's exercise class (from Tuesday night) caught up with me. Even last night, in Pilates and exercise class we were doing quite a bit of arm strength exercises and I could really feel it. Oh, my!!!! My friend, Lisa and fellow runner, also took John's class and was really feeling the effects of it last night... WOW!!! We will see how BodyPump class goes tonight. I hope that I can do the weightlifting routines with my usual weight. Doing the cross training with the running is extremely helpful. Not only do you exercise, build muscle and stamina through the cross training but also it is very helpful with the balance issues. I know that my various exercise classes have enhanced my running capabilities. The BodyPump is great for endurance and strength. Both aspects you need for running - especially any distance running. My new running shoes have broken in nicely. The first couple of runs they were pinching me but, now they feel great!!! I have really been trying to work on my miles.. I am up to 702.51 miles to date since, Febuary 14th. I have only 297.49 miles to go. So in the 7 months, I have averaged 42.5 miles per month... If I keep at the same distance per month, I will be close to the 1000 -- 85 miles short... So I need to concentrate on doing 60 miles per month; 15 miles per week; minimum of 2.15 miles per day. I know that with the cooler weather, I can do some distance runs of 10 miles or better in one run. This will help to up my overall mileage. So as you see, this goal seems to be obtainable. All I can do is try... That is one thing that I can do... I do not believe in giving up - the goal is ONLY for myself. I was invited to this challenge and I love it!!! I am proving something to myself that I NEVER, EVER THOUGHT WAS EVEN REMOTELY OBTAINABLE!!!! It just shows that you have to try. By breaking it down in stages - I am seeing that I can do this!!! Plus - you know --- I WILL DO THIS!!!!! I have come to far to fall short of my goal. It WILL HAPPEN!!! So never say never... like many things in life - it depends on how badly do you want it. I want this goal really bad - so I am going to work and work to accomplish it!!! So always keep moving and always keep doing!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment